With the latest 4K Dolby® Vision™ 6P laser projectors Park Road has the capability for grading in SDR, EDR and Dolby® 3D, the only system in the Southern Hemisphere. Our team of online editors, stereoscopic artists and colourists operate across three projected DI suites and numerous online and offline suites on fast, robust and efficient platforms. Powerful images need powerful technology, as we discovered during development of The Hobbit trilogy HFR 3D pipeline. Drawing on our reputation for exceptional colour management and accuracy, our Picture team is experienced and creative, ensuring the technology does not get in the way of the filmmaker’s vision.
Park Road’s digital dailies pipeline offers security to your raw data and QCing for fast turnaround and is scalable for a production of any size, located anywhere in New Zealand or the world. Digital rushes may be delivered to a number of locations in parallel, for example to editorial as offline media and to iPads on location, as well as being available for screenings either at Park Road or in a remote screening room. Each delivery is complete with extensive reporting provided in a format designed to drop directly into any daily viewing system for upload or real time viewing, via streaming networks.
Having once housed New Zealand premiere film laboratory on site, the Park Road team has retained their passion for restoration and digitization of historic titles. The department works with a comprehensive suite of software and hardware to provide full film and digital re-mastering and restoration services, utilizing the latest in dirt and scratch correction, grain reduction, and colour grading technology. Recently installed is a Lasergraphics Director 10K film scanner, further proof of the facilities commitment to quality and full circle restoration services. The ground breaking restoration on Peter Jackson’s ‘They Shall Not Grow Old’ is a perfect example of Park Roads’ restoration work.
Designed with the needs of the director in mind, this bespoke iPad content delivery system is safe, secure and simple. WTV downloads content onto iPads over the internet so filmmakers can have their content at their fingertips wherever and whenever they need it. A powerful tool, WTV has been deployed on numerous international productions. Talk to us about your needs and for further information.
DI1, DI2 and DI3 Grading Theatres
- Premiere grading Dolby® Vision™ projection theatre with cinema scope aspect ratio for viewing
- 3D grading
- SGO Mistika / Da Vinci Resolve with stereoscopic, HFR and 4K capabilities
- Christie CP2220 / CP4220 / EDR Dolby® Vision™ projection
- DCP playback
- 7.1 sound playback in Grading Theatres
Online, Grading and QC Suites
- SGO Mistika / Da Vinci Resolve with HFR and 4K capabilities
- Dolby PRM4200 / EIZO HDR / 65″ OLED monitors
- Clipster / Transcoder HFR for mastering
- Dolby® Atmos™ mastering for DCP and Blu-ray
- HD-CAMSR decks
- 5.1 audio playback
- Mastering for Dolby® EDR, HDR10/HLG and Dolby® Vision™, IMF/DCP creation
- Tone mapping and colour science from HDR to SDR
- QC of IMF / DCP packages in all resolutions
- Lasergraphics 10k film scanner
- Comprehensive suite of restoration software
- Highly skilled restoration operators and artists
- 161 seat cinema
- 11.5m wide screen for 2:39 aspect
- 4K Dolby® Vision™ 6P laser projectors
- Christie CP2230 projector
- Dolby® Atmos™ / 7.1
- 3D Dolby / HFR capable